Annual Ariel Avrech Memorial Lectures
Listen to audio, below:
14th Annual Ariel Avrech Memorial Lecture
Daniel Greenfield: “Fighting Anti-Semitism and Defending Israel in the Age of BDS.”.
11 June 2017
Why does pro-Israel activism continue to be an uphill battle despite the enormous resources dedicated to it? Are we losing the war against anti-Semitism or are we failing to fight it? In a talk that applies the lessons of Jewish history in Tanach to the politics of today, we will discover that fighting anti-Semitism and defending Israel doesn’t require changing “them”, but changing how we see the world and ourselves.
There is a small number of blogger/journalists whom we faithfully read. Daniel Greenfield is one of the select few. His blog, Sultan Knish, and his articles for FrontPage, are invaluable, required reading for anybody who cares about the state of western civilization. Daniel is an eloquent defender of Israel, and a fearless critic of the left and radical Islam. So persuasive is Daniel’s body of work that he has been quoted by, among others, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Mark Steyn, Mark Levin, Allen West, Caroline Glick, Melanie Philips, Michelle Malkin, Victor Davis Hanson, The Blaze, National Review and FOX News.
Daniel’s recent column, How the Dems Went Anti-Israel, is a no-holds barred analysis of how the Democrat party has slithered into the ooze of anti Israel politics.
- Daniel Greenfield: Fighting Anti-Semitism and Defending Israel in the Age of BDS June 11, 2017
- Ben Shapiro: “How You Can Save Israel”. May 22, 2016
- Larry Elder: “The New Black Antisemitism”. June 7, 2015
- Michael Medved: “Shifting Alliances: Why Liberals No Longer Reliably Support Israel — And Conservatives Do.” June 8, 2014
- David Horowitz: “The War Against Judaism on the University Campus” June 9, 2013
- Joel B. Pollak: “The Mainstream Media’s Betrayal of Israel” June 3, 2012
- Yossi Klein Halevi: “What is Expected of a Survivor People: Lessons My Father Taught Me” June 5, 2011
- Dennis Prager: “Happiness is a Mitzvah, Not an Emotion” June 13, 2010
- Rabbi Steven Pruzansky: “Conformity in Jewish Life: Vice, Virtue or Affectation?” June 21, 2009
- Rabbi Dr. Gil S. Perl: “What Was the Rosh Yeshiva Reading: Intellectual Openness in 19th Century Lithuania” June 15, 2008