Annual Ariel Avrech Memorial Lectures
10th Annual Ariel Avrech Memorial Lecture
David Horowitz: “The War Against Judaism on the University Campus”
9 June 2013
In his memoir, Radical Son (1996), David Horowitz traces his odyssey from “red-diaper baby” to conservative advocate. Horowitz has devoted the past several years to combating the radicalization of the American university. In 2003, he launched an academic freedom campaign to return the American university to its traditional principle of open inquiry, and stemming the anti-Israel/anti-Semitic indoctrination prevalent on elite American campuses.
David Horowitz is the founder and director of the David Horowitz Freedom Center. He has spoken at over 300 colleges and universities and continues to visit more than 30 campuses a year. He has appeared on Nightline, Crossfire, Today, Hannity, the O’Reilly Factor, Good Morning America, C-SPAN, CNBC, Fox News Channel and MSNBC.
Recorded by Marc Franklin
- Ben Shapiro: “How You Can Save Israel”. May 22, 2016
- Larry Elder: “The New Black Antisemitism”. June 7, 2015
- Michael Medved: “Shifting Alliances: Why Liberals No Longer Reliably Support Israel — And Conservatives Do.” June 8, 2014
- David Horowitz: “The War Against Judaism on the University Campus” June 9, 2013
- Joel B. Pollak: “The Mainstream Media’s Betrayal of Israel” June 3, 2012
- Yossi Klein Halevi: “What is Expected of a Survivor People: Lessons My Father Taught Me” June 5, 2011
- Dennis Prager: “Happiness is a Mitzvah, Not an Emotion” June 13, 2010
- Rabbi Steven Pruzansky: “Conformity in Jewish Life: Vice, Virtue or Affectation?” June 21, 2009
- Rabbi Dr. Gil S. Perl: “What Was the Rosh Yeshiva Reading: Intellectual Openness in 19th Century Lithuania” June 15, 2008